SMSC at Silverdale
At Silverdale, we recognise that the personal development of pupils, spiritually, morally, socially and culturally plays a significant part in their ability to learn and achieve. We therefore aim to provide an education that provides children with opportunities to explore and develop their own values and beliefs, spiritual awareness, high standards of personal behaviour, a positive caring attitude towards other people, an understanding of their social and cultural traditions and an appreciation of the diversity and richness of other cultures. This is embeded throughout all aspects of school life.
The aims of our SMSC education programme are:
- to ensure pupils’ education at Silverdale Primary Academy all encompassing rather than focussed narrowly on purely academic aspects of learning.
- to provide pupils with a rounded education, including learning how to work and play together, understanding and respecting others’ points of view, respecting and applying rules and understanding why these exist.
- to prepare pupils to contribute to society and culture throughout their lives, and enable them to participate actively and positively in the life of the school, their local community and wider society.
- to encourage pupils to value themselves and their unique contributions to their own and others’ lives, and in turn to value and celebrate others and their qualities and abilities.
How we show and teach aspects of SMSC
- Curriculum Drivers – Thrive, Enterprise, Community & Our World
- Happiness Ninjas – Determined, Inspirational, Ambitious, Resilient, Dynamic & Courageous
- Pupil Leadership Team
- The Art Of Being Brilliant
- Driver weeks and days, eg. The Christmas Enterprise Market
- Awe and Wonder – Forest School & Beach School
- Triple P Parenting
- Friday Celebration Assemblies
- Thursday Class Assemblies to parents