The Primary Sports Premium Funding is given to Primary Schools to get more people playing sport safely from a young age, and help them keep playing sport throughout their life, no matter what their economic or social background.
Schools can choose how they use the funding, for example to:
- hire specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers during PE lessons
- support and involve the least active children by running after-school sports clubs and holiday clubs, e.g. the Change4Life clubs
- provide resources and training courses in PE and sport for teachers
- run sport competitions or increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- run sports activities with other schools.